Xavier Academy is a pioneer institution under NEF management, located in the heart of Kathmandu, at Lazimpat. It has its own complex and is housed in a well-planned and modern six-storied building, north of Hotel Radisson. Ever since its establishment in 1997, Xavier Academy has been providing an excellent academic environment conducive to the overall physical and mental growth of the students. In terms of infrastructure, faculty, facilities, programs offered, and students' performance, Xavier Academy is one of the best in the country and has been consistently ranked amongst the top ten +2 institutions in the country. From 2010 onwards, the results in both science and management (previously refereed to as “commerce”) have significantly improved with the results of two consecutive years almost 100% in both streams. In the past, Xavier Academy also conducted B. Sc. Environmental Science and BBS programs. In both programs, XA achieved commendable results.
Nepal Education Foundation
Nepal Education Foundation (NEF) was established in 1996 by a group of like-minded, experienced educationists, deeply committed to the cause of promoting quality education in the country. The educationists as well as the entrepreneurs, who are promoting the educational institutions under the umbrella of NEF have made these institutions centers of excellence, providing a wide variety of educational services of the highest quality. Under the NEF umbrella, there are currently three colleges: Xavier Academy, Lazimpat, Little Angels' College, Hattiban and Bhanubhakta Memorial College, Panipokhari. These institutions offer high quality Higher Secondary Education (+2) under HSEB, now under NEB, in science and management, as well as higher education courses.
Nepal Education Foundation - Consortium of Colleges, Nepal (NEF-CCN)
Two NEF institutions, namely Xavier Academy (XA), Lazimpat, Kathmandu, and Little Angels' College, Hattiban, Lalitpur, have combined with Asian Institute of Technology and Management (AITM), formerly WhiteHouse Education Network (WHEN), Khumaltar Heights, Lalitpur to form Nepal Education Foundation – Consortium of Colleges, Nepal (NEF-CCN), to offer high quality 10+2 programs in Science and Commerce/Management/Hotel Management, as well various undergraduate and graduate programs of reputed national and international universities. NEF-CCN was duly registered on 9 March 2011. As a partner institution of NEF-CCN, XA is able to provide its students the manifold benefits of the consortium in terms of a variety of courses, enabling students lateral and vertical progression to achieve their long-term academic objectives.
On 15 June 2011, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) and Nepal Education Foundation - Consortium of Colleges, Nepal (NEF-CCN) signed Memorandum of Agreements (MoAs) to offer a number of AIT programs in Nepal, with the first half to be conducted in Nepal and the second half in AIT, Bangkok. NEF-CCN began to offer the two-stage Master's Programs in Business Administration and two-stage Bachelor Program in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering from February 2013. Two batches of students have completed their MBA and one batch has completed the undergraduate civil engineering program under the 2-stage arrangement. Both these programs were discontinued.
Apart from the above international programs, AITM of NEF-CCN offers the Bachelor of Hotel Management (a 4 year undergraduate program) under an agreement with International Management Institute (IMI), Luzern, Switzerland, signed on 29 July 2010, renewed on 31 January 2013, revised on 16 September 2014 and again revised on 4 April 2017. IMI is one of the top ten hotel management colleges/universities in Switzerland. It was recognized as one of the top 50 hotel and hospitality schools in the world by CEOWorld magazine in 2016. Under the existing agreement with IMI, students have the option of additional internship or continue with their Master's program in IMI, Switzerland.
NEF-CCN also signed MoU on 25 August 2014 and MoA on 2 February 2016 with SolBridge International School of Business, Daejeon, S. Korea, one of the top 5% business colleges in the world.
Similarly, NEF-CCN signed MoU on 28 October 2015 and Freshman Admission Agreement and Program Articulation Agreement on 29 March 2016 with Angelo State University (ASU), San Angelo, Texas, USA, a reputed medium-size state university in the States.
NEF-CCN has also signed a MoU on 11 July 2016 with Strathclyde Business School of Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK. Strathclyde Business School was named the UK's Business School of the Year in 2016 by Times Higher Education. NEF-CCN will be signing a collaborative articulation agreement with Strathclyde Business School in the near future.
NEF-CCN also signed two MoAs on 16 November 2016 with Mody University of Science and Technology, Rajasthan, India.
NEF-CCN signed a MoU on 31 May 2017 with Panyapiwat Institute of Management, Thailand's first and largest corporate university, located in Nonthaburi, Thailand.
Under most of the agreements, which have been signed, the students of NEF-CCN colleges can either undertake their BBA studies in the partner institutions at comparatively better terms and conditions or do the first half of their studies in Kathmandu Don Bosco College, located in Xavier Academy premises, and the second half abroad.
NEF-CCN colleges offer 20 different academic programs ranging from +2, “A” level, to undergraduate and graduate programs with 1,892 students enrolled in the +2 and “A” level programs and 1,946 students enrolled in the undergraduate and graduate programs. Almost 8,500 students have graduated from the NEF-CCN colleges.
Vission and Mission
Aims and Objectives
- To provide students with adequate opportunities for intellectual and academic development and also help today's youth mature into responsible individuals, capable of coping with the challenges of a competitive globalized economy.
- To provide educational programs of the highest quality, so as to develop a highly motivated and competent workforce capable of contributing to the development of the nation.
- To offer courses, which are applicable and relevant in today's world, thereby preparing college students to meet the challenges of various careers and providing them with an edge over other competitors.
- To offer co-curricular, extra-curricular and social service activities as well as career counseling programs and individual guidance.
- To link up and collaborate with prestigious foreign academic institutions so as to offer additional innovative academic programs.
To enable students who have completed +2 from Xavier Academy as well as from other NEF-CCN and associated colleges to pursue their undergraduate and even graduate studies abroad, if they so desire, NEF-CCN has struck strategic partnerships with the following very reputed international colleges/universities:
- Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand, ranked as one of the very reputed universities in the world by U-Multirank (30 March 2017) – for postgraduate studies;
- International Management Institute (IMI), Luzern, Switzerland, one of the top 50 hotel and hospitality schools in the world (CEOWorld magazine in 2016) and 17th out of the top 20 hospitality and leisure management schools in the world (QS world university rankings 2017 dated 21 March 2017) – for undergraduate degree in AITM, Lalitpur, as well postgraduate hotel management studies in IMI, Switzerland;
- SolBridge International School of Business, Daejeon, S. Korea, one of the top 5% business schools in the world, ranked 46th business school in East Asia – for both undergraduate and graduate business programs or the first half of the BBA or MBA in KDBC/XA and the second half in SolBridge International School of Business, S. Korea;
- Angelo State University (ASU), San Angelo, Texas, USA, one of the reputed medium-sized state college in USA - for all 4 years of BBA in ASU or the first 2 years of BBA in KDBC/XA and the last 2 years of BBA in ASU;
- Strathclyde Business School of Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK, named the UK's Business School of the Year in 2016 by Times Higher Education - for both undergraduate and graduate business programs or the first half of the BBA or MBA in KDBC/XA and the second half in Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow, UK;
- Mody University of Science and Technology, Rajasthan, India, a leading women's University in India and Asia, - for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies; and
- Panyapiwat Institute of Management, Nonthaburi, Thailand, first and largest corporate university in Thailand, - for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Xavier Academy is accommodated in a five-storied building of almost 2,500 sq. m. The building is well-resourced in terms of all required facilities : 12 classrooms, 12 offices, 3 science laboratories, 1 computer laboratory, 1 library, 1 conference room, 1 meeting room, 1 common staff room, 1 roof-top cafeteria, toilets, stores, basketball court and table tennis area.
- Well-planned classrooms with comfortable seating.
- Limited number of students in each class.
- Well designed and spacious Chemistry, Biology and Physics laboratories.
- Library with a wide selection of reading and reference materials.
- Weekly computer studies.
- Unlimited internet access to students and staff members.
- Personal and career counselling to the students.
- Parent-teacher meeting on regular basis.
- Rooftop canteen offering affordable refreshment.
- Audio-video facilities.
- Sports facilities.
Co / Extra Curricular Activities
Xavier Academy aims for total personality development of students. It thus conducts numerous co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the college. From this year, extra classes have been added every Tuesday and Friday for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities so that the students develop their total personalities. Inter-class and inter-college games have also been scheduled in the academic calendar. All these co/extra-curricular activities are organized without adversely affecting the published academic calendar. In addition, all students have to do 15 hours of social / community services in one academic year.
Parents Teachers Association (PTA)
Parents have always been considered our main clients and the students have always been considered the main reason for our very existence. Students have always been placed in the central stage of any academic and administrative decision. We have always placed students' well-being foremost in any major decision. The College Management has been organizing regular meetings with the parents especially to review the term results. In 2008, Xavier Academy formally established a Parents Teachers Association (PTA), to meet periodically to discuss a wide range of issues for the betterment of the students and college. This Association has been resurrected from this year. This forum will meet periodically to discuss the progress of the college, any outstanding issues, as well as future plans and programs so as to get valuable feedback for decision-making. The Parents Teachers Association will meet at least once every term immediately after every term examination.
This is a forum for students to develop leadership and inter-personal skills. The Student Council comprises of student representatives from each class, who meet regularly to discuss primarily academic as well as co-curricular and extra curricular activities. While the college management and faculty are focused on academic excellence, the Student Council focuses on how to make Xavier Academy a more enjoyable, fun place. The Student Council organises every year "NEF Day and Freshers' Welcome" for the incoming students, "Farewell" for the outgoing students, and assists the management in conducting the yearly orientation and anniversary programs as well as talent show, debates and other interesting activities. The Student Council has additional responsibility from this year in helping the senior management in conducting co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The outgoing students of the Student Council also take the initiative in the publication of the annual college magazine, "Reminiscences". The College Management is always striving to expand the students' horizon and appreciation of relevant and topical issues.